Friday, August 21, 2009

It is ok to scream... RIGHT??

I am having that day. You know the day that I am talking about.. the one where everything is just that little bit off. Then you get that one piece of information that just pushes you to the edge. Well that would be my day today.
I have been trapped in my home with my toddler for several weeks now for the most part. I get out very little just to get some sanity and then the other things that are needed for life in general. Now I am locked in the house with my Mother and a 3 year old. Did I mention how small the house is... oh yes... we are all right on top of each other all the way around. I love that my mom is here to help out with all of this and God knows that we could not be doing this with out here but... Well let me be honest we all have nothing to do right now but wait. And well that is not something that either of us do well.
Now with that said let me tell you about my evening... I went to pick up Eric from football practice. Something that I was looking forward to ... it means going out of the house and normally 10 minutes of peace to my self. Well this time Mom needed to go with me. Not a big deal but this effectively took away my little piece of downtime. While on my excursion to the high school Bradley is back at the house with the kids and on the phone with the hospital.
Will had started out as the first surgery on Monday morning. Then before we had even left the hospital he was the second surgery slated for 11 am. Well now as of 6 pm this evening Will is now the third surgery. This means that he will not be going in until 4 pm. and God willing no one else needs to be placed ahead of him for an emergency. If this is to happen they for some reason can not tell me when they would be able to place him back on the rotation.
I pray that they do not pull him for something. Mom being here and all of us being forced to be trapped in the house and scrubbing everything to keep Will from getting sick is not an easy way to live. Let alone the fact that all of us have to stay healthy. If anyone is sick Will can not get the surgery for 3 more weeks. With 4 people in 4 different schools it makes it hard to keep everyone healthy. Brad and I have both taken time off from school as well as other responsibilities for the time that is needed for Will. We have no problem doing it but may have issues if we have to do it again in a few weeks. School for Brad being the most difficult. Not even touching on mom having to be be here until this is figured out. I know that she does not mind but we all know how hard it is to be away from home for some time. And with the added stress of the surgery it just makes everything more intense.
Now for the plans if Will is able to remain ( as we are praying) the third surgery. With this he can not eat after midnight and can only have clear fluids for some time there after. That is going to be a ton of fun to try to explain to him when he can not eat all day! For a child that loves to eat constantly he is going to have a big issue not having anything at all. Now once we get to the hospital he will be in pre-op until 5 pm and then the operation there after. The surgery will take about 4 to 5 hours. This means that Will is going to be out of surgery at 9 pm give or take.
When Will gets out of surgery he will be on a ventilator and will have quite a few tubes for the first 24 hours or so. From there we will have 1 to 3 days in ICU and then 1-3 days in the intermediate care and then a few days if that in the regular room. All said and done they say that he could be home in anywhere from 3 to 10 days.

So Please pray that Will is kept on the Monday rotation for the surgery and that all goes well!

1 comment:

  1. We're praying for you guys. You are in our thoughts. Its ok to scream, vent and yell. You have every right to be mad. If you need to call and scream you know I'm here for you, even 3000 miles away.

    ReplyDelete

MilBlogs
Powered By Ringsurf
US Navy Wives Community
Powered By Ringsurf
Steel Roses of the Navy
Powered By Ringsurf
Proud member of MommyBlogs